This week, the coursebook brought a list of sentences which could be substituted by phrasal verbs.
MY LESSON PLAN:
- I used QUIZLET FLASHCARDS to present the phrasal verbs. (same sentences from the exercise in coursebook). The first time I showed both sides (sentence + phrasal verb)
- To help sts memorise the phrasal verbs I showed them the sentences only to see if they could remember the phrasal verbs.
- I then asked sts to do the exercise in the coursebook.
- I showed an animation I had made with XTRANORMAL and asked my students to watch it and write down all the phrasal verbs which were used.
- After pairing up students, I asked them to choose a minimum of 3 phrasal verbs and create a mini-dialogue. As each dialogue was created, students used the computer in class to type their dialogues into Xtranormal to make an animation.
- We watched all animations in the following class as we elicited the phrasal verbs used.