Inspired by Nik Peachey´s excellent post (image above) about creating animated music videos, I decided to give it a go myself. Of course my stick figure drawings are poor compared to what you´ll find in youtube but it can give you an idea of what can be done with any kind of drawing.
The task Nik suggested was to select a song you like, draw pictures for the lyrics, take pictures ( I scanned the pictures instead) and assemble everything in Windows Movie Maker.
How to do this kind of task w/ students?
My suggestion is
- Ask the class to select a song they like with good lyrics (or select one yourself)
- Grab the lyrics from http://www.lyrics.com/
- Cut the lyrics into sentences and give them to each student or pair of students.
- Ask students to draw something to represent the sentence they have from the song. The teacher will need to help sts understand the meaning so that they can draw.
- Collect all pictures and ask if any student knows how to work with Windows Movie Maker . (many of them can)
- Ask a student to assemble the pictures and the song to make a music video for the class (or do it yourself)
- Show the music video to students the following class and have everyone sing the song.
For FULL SCREEN and EMBED code you can find the same video here