1. RELAX MELODIES HD - a great FREE app to help you relax and maybe go to sleep. You can customize your own relaxing music by selecting what sounds you want to include: rainy day, birds, piano, flute, ocean, river, thunder and so on. I've never used it in class but I guess it's possible to use it to set moods for writing for example. (iphones and androids)
2. SONGIFY - another FREE app for iphone or androids. Record yourself saying something and the app turns it into music. I've already used it in class to record my students reading sentences they had created themselves using a target structure and then played all recordings as a dictation. (iphones and androids)
3. BAND OF THE DAY - free app which offers you songs from a new band every day. Great way of discovering new bands.
4. MOODAGENT - choose your mood and the app selects a playlist for you. For iphones and androids.
5. MUSIXMATCH - I've always thought reading lyrics while singing is a great way to practice pronunciation. Well, this is a FREE app which can let you follow the lyrics. Just love it! (iphone or android)
TWO KARAOKE APPS
6. SING SING TOGETHER (FREE) -This a Karaoke for kids. Perfect for kids to sing in English in EFL classes.
7. ANDROID KARAOKE SING ALONG - more than 1,000 most popular karaoke videos.
TOOLS TO IDENTIFY TUNES THAT HAVE STUCK TO YOUR MIND
8. SHAZAM - If you're listening to a song but want to know what it's called or who the singer is, just turn on the app and shazam the app gives you the answer. (Iphones and androids)
9. MIDOMI - Many times you don't have the real song playing to identify it but only the tune that stuck to your head. The app allows you to sing or even only hum the tune and it identifies the song for you. Mashable says humming works better than singing. For iphones and androids.
Similar app: SOUNDHOUND
AND YOU? Do you have music apps you enjoy using? Please, leave your contributions in the comment area, I'd love to learn about other apps.