January 15, 2010

Slides to start your classes

4 years ago, after reading a wonderful book called "Language Hungry" by Tim Murphey, I made this presentation with excerpts from the book in order to start my classes. Now, that we're close to the beginning of a new semester, I remembered how much I enjoyed them. This semester, I've decided to reuse them on the e-board. I'll try to welcome students into class with one of these slides on, let them observe, read ,think while I organize myself and greet others.

Hope you like them:

If you press the PLAY button you'll hear background music, however if you play the FORWARD button you'll see slides only.

3 comments:

GilMattos said...

Loved it, Ana. Not only the quotes but also this haunting piece of music (you know how much I love music). Can I borrow it? Of course, I'll give you credit for the creation.
See you....
Gilmar

Ana Maria Menezes said...

Dear Gilmar,

Of course you can pubish and use the slides! That's the point of sharing.

Mr. Moran said...

Super job. Huxley and Frankl are two of my favorite authors. This will be a great way to start our second semester.