November 14, 2008

Most used tools

I haven´t written for so long that I felt the need to say why. First, let me share with you how my interaction with my computer works. Once I turn it on, these are the sites I visit/ use everyday.

First, I go to my orkut page and have a look if I have forgotten any birthday. I also have a look at the photos + videos people have published recently. Orkut is huge in Brazil and it´s a great way to keep social contact with my students, friends and family.


Secondly, I open my twirl and check twits. I see who is online by checking who has twitted recently and explore links people suggest.





Then I open Pownce in order to check what my colleagues (from the school I work at) have been producing and sharing. We use Pownce to share ppts, exercises, lesson plans, videos we plan to use in class. I also check what my students have been writing (my students have been interacting with students from Mexico) .
  • I check my e-mails in yahoo by quickly browsing and selecting what is urgent to read and reply.
This is what I manage to do on a daily basis. At this time of the year, I´m so worn out and stressed thinking of the hundreds of things I still have to do that I end up not having much time to post here.

These are some of the projects I´m involved with recently / and my priorities:
- I have been trying to learn how to use the e-board which has been recently installed at school.
- I have to complete my online training for Cambridge examiners before the 20 Nov.
- I need to find time to give a hand at the planning of our session at the next EVO.
- My students have been interacting with Mexican students (Elena Delgado´s) so I have to keep an eye on that and keep it going.

Well, have to go now. Hope these weeks go by VERY FAST.

2 comments:

Brett said...

Hey, thanks for all of the great we resources you post! I think you might like this link:

Animated Fireworks

Brett said...

correction [web]