August 3, 2018

A real interactive presentation with Pear Deck





This is a post to talk a little bit about my experience trying Pear Deck. It was suggested to me by Giselle Santos when I was looking for a tool to make readings more interactive.

It took me some time to understand that it's an add-on for Google Slides.
And what does that mean?'
  1. First, open Google Slides and install the Pear Deck Add-on.
  2. Create your presentation with Google Slides normally.
  3. Open Pear Deck and add interactivity to your slides.
When you are in class, you open your presentation, open the Pear Deck Add-on and select PRESENT WITH PEAR DECK. The add-on generates a code for students to join the presentation using their own devices.

I haven't tried it with an audience yet, but I believe it's a wonderful tool for a presentation or a class which is more teacher-oriented. Although Pear Deck brings interactivity to the slides, the teacher is still the one who leads the whole experience. 

STEP 1


STEP 2


STEP 3


STEP 4


STEP 5


STEP 6


STEP 7



This video can also help you understand what it does.


WHAT I LIKED ABOUT IT

  • It's very easy to use.
  • The premade content is very useful.
  • You can customize the questions you want to ask.

DRAWBACKS

  • If you have no internet connection, the interactive slides won't work.

WHAT WOULD BE A WONDERFUL ADDITION

While exploring the tool, I imagined it would be wonderful if we could have such interactivity to slides which are embedded to classroom sites. I'll explain better: imagine you want students to interact at home with a presentation you have created. And then in class, the teacher could do the debriefing by showing the results. Such a feature would be perfect for the Flipped Classroom Approach.











No comments: